• Save Data – reduce mobile data usage by up to 50% while browsing
• Faster Browsing – choose from search results that instantly appear as you type and quickly access previously visited pages
• Voice Search – use the magic of Google voice search to find answers on-the-go without typing
• Translate – easily read webpages in any language
• Intuitive Gestures – open as many tabs as your heart desires and quickly flip through them by swiping from side to side on the toolbar
• Privacy – use Incognito mode to browse without saving your history
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Chrome browser an open source app?
Chrome browser app is based on Chromium. Since its first version, all of its major components have been open sourced. You can build various components on Chrome for Android.
What is the difference between Chrome for Android and Chrome browser for PC?
You can have a secure, fast, and safe browsing experience in Chrome for Android and Chrome on desktop. There is a different approach on overall navigation and tabs. Chrome for Android provides personalized, unified experience in all devices.
Can I set Chrome to update automatically?
You can check global auto-update or per-app update setting in Android to make Chrome auto-update.
Does Chrome for Android support WebView for web or native app?
Chrome supports WebView on Android 4.4 (KitKat) or later. For more details, refer to Web View overview.
Are extensions and apps supported in Chrome for Android?
Currently, Chrome for Android does not support Chrome apps and extensions.
What can I do to debug my mobile webpage?
You can use Chrome Developer Tools for remote debugging while using Chrome for Android.
Google Chrome is the best web browser for Android and desktop as it is secure and easy to use. It can easily synchronize your bookmarks and preferences over several devices.
New in Chrome 57:
• Useful actions like “Find in page” available in apps that open web pages using Chrome
• More frequently updated article suggestions on the New Tab page
• Use recently visited search engines as your default search engine
• See Physical Web suggestions, based on your surroundings, in the address bar
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Chrome Browser – Google