Waze is a fun, community-based mapping, traffic & navigation app, 40 million strong. Join forces with other drivers nearby to outsmart traffic, save time & gas money, and improve everyone’s daily commute.
With community-generated maps and real-time traffic, you’ll always get the best route to your destination. By simply driving around with Waze open, you’re already contributing tons of real-time traffic & road info to your local driving community. You can also actively report accidents, hazards, police and other events you see on the road, and get road alerts coming up on your route too. Find the cheapest gas station along your route with community-shared fuel prices.
Waze makes it fun and simple to meet up and coordinate with friends on the road. Connect to Facebook to see friends also headed to your destination. Keep anyone updated about your drive! Send a link to a live map showing your real-time drive and ETA.
It’s all about contributing to, and benefiting from, the ‘common good’ out there on the road, so hop on board, and get involved in your local driving community today!
- Live routing based on community-generated, real-time traffic and road info
- Community-contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures and more.
- Complete voice-guided navigation.
- Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change.
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes.
- Find the cheapest gas station on your route.
- See Facebook friends also driving to your destination.
- Notify someone you’re on your way by sending a live ETA and a link showing you as you drive
- Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info.
- Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Waze will automatically shut down if you run it in the background and haven’t driven for a while.