– Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
– Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
– Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
– Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It’s free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
– Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
– Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you’re up to.
– Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
Cool Things To Do Within The Messenger App
Let’s begin with the best one – games! Facebook offers quite a decent selection of games built-in that lets users play against their friends. If you want to share something privately with a friend, you can create short, 15-second videos and customize them as you wish. However, if you want to have a video for all your friends, you can create a Facebook Story. The feature is included in the chat page and it is pretty easy to access it and share.
Do you also not like to talk to pesky humans? Well, bots are the alternative. Chatbots can give you news updates, help you order an Uber cab or even order flowers for your significant other! To access this feature, type “bots” in the “To” field. You can add extensions to private conversations. Some popular ones include Spotify, Food Network, and so on.
Are you an emoji fan? Do you feel they capture your moods better than words ever could? Well, a supersize emoji is sure to get the point across. All you have to do is to click or long-press on the emoji you want. When it reaches the size you want, release it. You can also change the skin tone of the emojis. You could even give names to emojis that you particularly love!
Sending and receiving money is another thing you could with via Facebook Messenger. While there are plenty of dedicated payment apps out there, if you would rather just use Facebook, you can request for or send money by clicking on the dollar symbol present next to the text input field. Users can also add their PayPal account details or their debit card information. For better security, add your fingerprints or PIN. If you are having a sensitive conversation, you can start an encrypted chat as well.
Now you can see your call history and missed calls—all in one place.