• GPS (USA Navstar) (L1, L2, L3, L4, L5)
• Galileo (European Union) (E1, E5, E5a, E5b, E6)
• GLONASS (Russia) (L1, L2, L3, L5)
• QZSS (Japan) (L1, L2, L5, L6)
• BeiDou/COMPASS (China) (B1, B1-2, B2, B2a, B3)
• Various satellite-based augmentation systems SBAS (e.g., GAGAN, Anik F1, Galaxy 15, Inmarsat 3-F2, Inmarsat 4-F3, SES-5) (L1, L5)
*Dual-frequency GNSS requires device hardware support and Android 8.0 Oreo or higher. More at https://medium.com/@sjbarbeau/dual-frequency-gnss-on-android-devices-152b8826e1c.
• Inject Time Data – Injects Time assistance data for GPS into the platform, using information from a Network Time Protocol (NTP) server
• Inject XTRA Data – Injects XTRA assistance data for GPS into the platform, using information from a XTRA server (see http://goo.gl/3RjWX for details on gpsOneXTRA)
• Clear Assist Data – Clears all assistance data used for GPS, including NTP and XTRA data (Note: if you select this option to fix broken GPS on your device, for GPS to work again you may need to ‘Inject Time’ and ‘Inject XTRA’ data)
• Settings – Switch between light and dark themes, change map tile type, auto-start GPS on startup, minimum time and distance between GPS updates, keep screen on.
Open-source on Github:
GPSTest discussion forum:
Nostalgic for old releases? Don’t have Google Play Services on your device? Download old versions here:
If you want to see the map on the Map tab, you’ll need to install Google Play Services.
Also available on F-Droid:
Want to measure the *true* accuracy of your GPS?
Check out GPS Benchmark:
• Beidou B1C carrier frequency – B1C is now shown correctly for Beidou satellites in CF column
• Option for turning off background GNSS use – If enabled, will turn off GNSS when using the Home and Multitasking buttons to leave app
• Bug fixes – see http://bit.ly/gpstest-releases