EVA FACIAL MOUSE is a free and open source application that allows the access to functions of a mobile device by means of tracking the user face captured through the frontal camera. Based on the movement of the face, the app allows the user to control a pointer on the screen (i.e., like a mouse),which provides direct access to most elements of the user interface.
People with amputations, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injury, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) or other disabilities may be beneficiaries of this app.
Due to restrictions of the Android platform, there are currently some LIMITATIONS:
• Most standard keyboards do not work with EVA, so a basic keyboard is provided. Such a keyboard needs to be manually activated after the installation.
• Does not work with most games.
• Browsers do not handle properly some actions (we recommend using Google Chrome).
• Applications such as Maps, Earth and Gallery work with restrictions.
• It cannot be used simultaneously with other applications that make use of the camera.
• For obvious reasons, it has not been tested with all devices available on the market. If you find any issues with your device, please, let us know.
In this link, you can find a list of devices (tablet and mobile) that have been evaluated according to their compatibility with the EVA Facial Mouse application: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gxuIKbw92d9USPT_SvM0iCdWjtnVcx7owJAgwM6Za6w/edit#gid=0
EVA has been developed in collaboration with experts and users from organizations of ASPACE Confederation (Spain). In particular, ASPACE Asturias, ASPACE Barcelona, ASPACE Gipuzkoa, ASPACE Granada, APPC Tarragona and AVAPACE. Furthermore, it has been tested by CEAPAT, CRE (León) and ASPAYM Castilla y León.
This app uses Accessibility services.
CREA is a company devoted to the research and the development of innovative software solutions.
The Fundación Vodafone España is a private, nonprofit institution that aims to improve the quality od life of vulnerable groups through the Information Technology and Communications. FVE collaborates with various entities, both public and private, in technological innovation projects and applications for autonomy, independence and social and labour integration of all people.
Improved visibility of Action Menu and camera viewer
New features to assistant
Simplification of scroll buttons
Customization of the appearance and cursor size
Compatibility for devices with front camera
Click based on eye blinking (EXPERIMENTAL)