Not everyone likes the stock Android media player. Phone manufacturers have started replacing the stock Android player with the player that has been specifically developed for them. Apart from all these players, you will find a ton of media player in the Google Play Store. With so many choices given to the users, it is very difficult to choose one player that can satisfy all the requirements of the users. One of the players available in the Play Store is the MX player. This media player is, without doubt, among the best one available in the market. You will not have to move to another player once you get used to this one. Throw any format into this media player, and it will start playing it for you.
The player has one of the most extensive playing libraries, thereby making it successful, not only in the marketplace but also in the local community. The player has been in the market for a number of years and the developers of the application are quite active in continuous development. That is one of the reasons behind the application supporting almost every encoded format available in the media industry. Though the application has been great, the free version of the application is mainly driven by the advertisements that pop up while using the application. This can be avoided by buying the pro version of the application that is available on the Play Store.
If you want to use the player on your desktop computer, read on to know how to download MX player for your PC.
Features of MX Player for PC
The application can not only support a variety of codecs, but it also features an in-built “H/W+” decoder with which you can decode videos using the hardware, even though it isn’t supported by the device. In other words, the app will ensure that you get the same level of battery life and performance with that of a media being played on the stock video player. In order to achieve this, you will have to turn on the decoder in the application settings.
The application itself is quite easy to use. When you open the screen, you will be presented with a list of folders on the device which will have all the videos stored on the device. Searching a video can be easy as recently added videos will have a “new” tag. The interface while playing the video is nice as well. You will be able to control the brightness of the screen just by sliding your finger up or down on the left half of the screen.
Similarly, in case you want to adjust the volume, you will be able to adjust it by sliding your fingers on the right side of the screen. By sliding on the bottom part of the screen, it will seek the video in the direction of the swipe. This makes accessibility of the application simple and straightforward. You will also be able to zoom into the videos by pinching in or out. There are also lock control so that in case you are watching a long media, there are no effects of pressing the back or the menu button on the phone.
How to download and install MX Player for PC?
Now that we know what MX player is used for, let us see how this can be downloaded. As this software is only available in the Play Store, it is easy for anyone to download this form there. But in case you want to download and use this software on a PC, then you will have to ensure that you download an Android emulator and install the application in order to make this application work.
There are several Android Emulators available in the market that you can try and download. Bluestacks is one such emulator which is one of the most downloaded one in emulator list. Let’s see how to install Bluestacks on your PC:
- First, you will have to visit bluestacks.com so that you can download the Bluestacks application. Once you click on the download button, a download of the “bluestacks.exe” file will start.
- Once the file has been completely downloaded, start the installation process by double-clicking on the “bluestacks.exe” file. It is advisable to follow the steps that have been described in the installation procedure.
- After the installation has been completed, you will be able to see that there is an emulator that looks similar to the Android mobile phone. The OS of the emulator can be changed according to your needs.
- You will be prompted to sign-in using your Google account.
- Once you have done so, you will be able to see a search bar on the top.
- Click on the search bar and search for the application “MX Player” and hit enter.
- Once the search has been completed, you will find that MX player is one of the top results. There will be many downloads and ratings for the application.
- By clicking on the application, it will take you to the application page where you will be able to download and install the application – the process is pretty similar to what you follow on an Android phone.
- Alternatively, you can download the APK file from any site that you wish to use.
- Once you have downloaded the APK file, drag and drop it into the emulator and the installation process of the MX player should automatically kick off.
Now, you know How to download MX player for your PC. By following the above steps, you will be able to use the MX player on the Android emulator. You might want to try a similar method for other Android emulators which are available in the market but Bluestacks is one the best Android emulators for PC.
Once you open the application, you will be able to find a list of the videos that are available in your PC. It is advisable that you first get used to the MX player and in case the advertisements annoy you, you can always consider upgrading to the MX player pro is a wiser option.