AppDrawer is a highly customizable app drawer replacement. You can use it as an alternative to your launcher’s default app drawer, or to add functionality to launchers that don’t currently support the app drawer (like MIUI for example).
You can use with pretty much any launcher, including: your phone’s default launcher, Go Launcher, ADW Launcher, LauncherPro, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher, Launcher 7, MIUI Launcher, and more!
There are similar offerings out there, such as Faster Drawer — or Organized Drawer — or even Folder Organizer, but nothing comes close to offering the level of personalization that AppDrawer provides. With AppDrawer, you can literally flesh out hundreds of unique designs and layouts using all the different options to your disposal. Some of those options include…
– Choose between 3 view modes: List, Grid, or Horizontal Paged
— List = WP7/Windows Phone 7 | Grid = Android | Paged = iPhone
– Set number of rows and columns as well as row spacing
– Set background color, image, or use your current wallpaper
– Set the font type, font color, font size, and icon size
— Fonts = Arial Rounded, Droid Serif, Helvetica, or custom
– Sort list by name (A-Z), install date, or launch frequency
– Remember list position: Remembers last position in drawer
– Edit application names and change default application icons
– Hide less frequently used applications from the app list
– Bulk edit (multi-select) more than one application at a time
– Fullscreen mode option: Hides the notification/status bar
– Option to force Portrait or Landscape screen orientation
– Shows up in recent apps/multitasking menu for quick access
— 2.1/2.2/2.3: Hold home key | 4.0: Press multi-task button
– Quick shortcut to Android’s Manage Applications settings menu
– Option to backup and restore preferences, or reset to default
– Eclair | Froyo | GB/Gingerbread | ICS/Ice Cream Sandwich
. AppDrawer may be slow to open on certain phone/ROM/launcher combinations. We are working on incorporating a permanent fix, but until then, those who have ROOT ACCESS can manually resolve this issue by moving the AppDrawer APK to /system/apps/ and reboot — You can do this manually with file explorer apps like Root Explorer or automatically with Titanium Backup’s “Convert To System App” function. Contact us at [email protected] if you are unsure.
. The “Multi-Select” –> “Select All” option in List or Paged view modes will force close. We are also working on a fix. Until then, manually check the apps that you want to edit.
Initial source code credit goes to XUSO over at XDA-Developers. AppDrawer is a continuation of his original AltDrawer project, so if you like this app, then please see that he gets a donation!
We have more features planned for the future, such as bug fixing, optimized performance, app folders, icon packs ‘n themes, transition effects, ICS pagination, and more. Have a suggestion? Fire off in the comments and let us know what you would like to see… Just don’t rate it for what it should be, rate it for what it is!
AppDrawer is now Open Source!
Size : 368k
Current Version : 1.5.1
Requires Android : 2.1 and up
Leave a Comment