* Works completely offline! No internet connection needed! Perfect for your studies!
* Thesaurus with over 300,000 straightforward definitions with synonyms.
* Advanced search system:
– Search inside definitions and examples
– Search using different criteria: word start, exact match or any substring
* Listen to the definitions using American or British accent with Android's built-in Text-to-speech synthesizer.
* Read definitions with two font sizes. Optimized for phones and tablets!
* Saves your phone's data. The app installs itself automatically in the SD card if possible.
* Improve your vocabulary! The ideal lexicon to find American English synonyms/antonyms, word etymology, verbs, and more.
This app is supported by ads. If you like the application, please consider upgrading to the ad-free version to support the development. Thanks 🙂
Q: How can I share a definition?
A: Just press 2-3 seconds over the translation and you will be presented with a menu with all available sharing in the dictionery options based on the apps installed in your device (Email, SMS, etc)
Q: How can I change the speech accent?
A: Just go to Menu –> Settings and select the language. Currently, 2 English accents are available:
* English (US)
* English (GB)
The text-to-speech (TTS) technology may not be available in some devices. To check if your phone is able of speech synthesis: Menu -> Settings -> Voice input & output -> Text-to-speech settings.
If not installed, your device may ask you to install the TTS engine. An internet connection may be required. We recommend installing it before travelling as roaming data tariffs may be very expensive.
This dictionary is based on:
– Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), a public domain resource.
– WordNet®, a lexical reference system whose design is inspired by current psycholinguistic theories of human lexical memory. English nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs are organized into synonym sets, each representing one underlying lexical concept.
Minor bug fixes for a better learning experience with your dictionary.
Advanced Offline Dictionary
Leave a Comment