SuperSU is the Superuser access management tool of the future 😉
!!! SuperSU requires a rooted device !!!
SuperSU allows for advanced management of Superuser access rights for all the apps on your device that need root. SuperSU has been built from the ground up to counter a number of problems with other Superuser access management tools.
– Superuser access prompt
– Superuser access logging
– Superuser access notifications
– Per-app notification configuration
– Temporary unroot
– Deep process detection (no more unknowns)
– Works in recovery (no more segfaulting)
– Works when Android isn’t properly booted
– Works with non-standard shell locations
– Always runs in ghost mode
– Wake on prompt
– Convert to /system app
– Complete unroot
– Backup script to survive CyanogenMod nightlies
– Icon selectable from 5 options + invisible
– Theme selectable from 4 options
– Launch from dialer: *#*#1234#*#* or *#*#7873778#*#* (*#*#SUPERSU#*#*)
NOTE: Not all phones take both codes. On some phones you need to use single *# instead of double *#*#
The Pro version additionally offers:
– OTA survival mode (no guarantees)
– Full color-coded command content logging (input/output/error)
– Per-app logging configuration
– Per-app user override
– Grant/deny root to an app for a set amount of time
– PIN protection
– Per-app PIN protection
– Adjust auto-deny countdown
This is meant to replace Superuser (if installed), you use either one or the other. You cannot combine them. Statements that this breaks Superuser are therefore completely nonsensical.
NOTICE: A SPECIAL PROCEDURE IS NEEDED FOR UNINSTALLATION. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE APP, DO *NOT* JUST UNINSTALL IT, YOU *WILL* LOSE ROOT.
Superuser access management runs through a so called “su binary”. There can be only one of these at a time. So if you install SuperSU, your previous superuser access management solution will no longer operate. So if you want to switch back: (1) Open that application, and search for an option for it to install/update/replace the “su binary”. (2) Confirm root-using apps are using the superuser solution you want. (3) Uninstall SuperSU.
CURRENT VERSION: 2.01
REQUIRES ANDROID: 2.1 and up