FREE! Norton™ Labs Snap BETA QR code scanner protects you, your mobile device, and your important Stuff from online threats by warning you of dangerous QR codes and blocking unsafe websites before they load on your device.
QR codes are popping up everywhere. They make it easy to get more information about products, services, or special deals, but they can also make it easy for bad guys to attack your mobile device, steal your identity, and mess with your important Stuff. The problem is, a QR code is a website in disguise and you can’t tell if a QR code is safe or dangerous until after you scan it. And then it’s too late.
The free Norton™ Labs Snap BETA app puts you one step ahead of potential threats and takes the gamble out of using QR codes.
QR CODE SCANNER protects you from malicious QR codes and dangerous websites:
• Automatically scans QR codes and checks to see if they’re safe or if they are fake or malicious sites set up to scam you.
• QR code scanner that checks the safety of websites BEFORE they load on your device.
• FREE BETA for a limited time (US only).
NORTON™ SAFE WEB automatically stops online threats before they can infect your mobile device and mess with your stuff:
• Identifies trusted sites and lets you visit them immediately.
• Blocks unsafe, fake or phishing sites and stops online threats before your browser even loads.
• Expands shortened Web site addresses so you can see where a link really goes before you click on it.
NORTON RATING instantly tells you if a website is safe or dangerous:
• Easy-to-read rating icon lets you know if a site is secure or not.
• Clicking the rating icon takes you to the full Norton Safe Web site, which provides in-depth information about the site, including country of origin and what safety or security issues were found.
SHARE SNAP lets you easily share cool sites with friends and warn them of dangerous ones:
• Sends a quick message to friends so you can let them know what sites are worth visiting.
• Gives you a variety of ways to share: Gmail, Google Docs, Dropbox, Evernote, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and even texts and other code scanners.
Norton™ Labs Snap: The first QR code scanner that protects against dangerous QR codes and unsafe websites.
• Android 1.6 or later
• Android 1.6 or later with 1 MB of storage
• Camera (flash optional)
• Internet connection