Connect your phone to your world using NFC technology.
Pair your device with NFC tags using NFC Task Launcher and build your own personal assistant. Do you want to turn off your work email and text someone when you’re home with a tap inside your house? Or turn your phone on silent and set your alarm with a tap on your nightstand? This app lets you program your device to do the actions you do regularly.
The Wall Street Journal calls it “living in the future.”
With one phone-to-tag touch, here are examples of what you can do:
In your car: Turn on bluetooth, open GPS and and start your playlist
On your nightstand: Set your ringer to vibrate, dim your display and set an alarm
In your home: Allow a visitor to access your wifi network, no password necessary
The tags work with any NFC-enabled device. Anyone who scans the tag will have the same actions performed. Below are all the possible tasks – make your own combinations to automate your life. Actions can be performed in any order and in any combination. The only limit is what you can come up with!
Now supporting read-only tags & allowing you to write any amount of data to any tag using Tagstand’s cloud service. This allows you to use your tags just as you would any writable tag without worrying about size.
Some demos can be viewed on the application website
Create Tasks using NFC Tags, Bluetooth or WiFi connections. When using NFC Tags you can create a Switch task that will toggle between two tasks with each tap.
Tasks can be set up to do things like:
- Change WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile hotspot, airplane mode (root users in Jelly Bean and up), auto-sync, GPS (root users), and mobile data settings.
- Change your volumes or notification tones.
- Change your display brightness, timeout, auto-rotation, or notification light settings
- Check in on social media like Foursquare, Google Places, and Google Latitude
- Send messages using Twitter, SMS, Email, or Glympse
- Start or stop Applications (root required for stopping applications), dock modes, open URLs, speak text, or navigate to an address
- Set Alarms or create calendar events
We’re always working on adding new actions to Tasks. Please get in touch if there’s something you’d like to do that’s not currently offered.
This application supports NFC Forum Type 1, Type 2, Type 3 and Type 4 Tags as well as third party NFC Enabled tags like the MIFARE Classic, DESFire, Ultralight and Ultralight C.
All permissions are listed and explained here: https://launcher.tagstand.com/permissions
This app uses Google Analytics for aggregate, anonymous data collection, which can be opted out of from the settings page.