aCalendar – the fastest Android calendar!
The best-rated free calendar app for Android!
– intuitive navigation with smooth transitions
– day, week & month calendar
– Fullscreen widgets
– flexible recurrences (e.g., every 3 weeks)
– birthdays & anniversaries with photos from your addressbook and editing
– Duplicate events
– uses Android’s native calendar backend and synchronization
– no battery drain
– moon phases and zodiac signs for birthdays
– QR barcode sharing of events
– NFC sharing (if supported by the device) NEW
– 12/24h clock honoring system settings
– optimized text display and improved line-break
– no ads
EXTRA FEATURES only in aCalendar+
– Month widget
– Text and file sharing
– Privacy and availibility settings
– Helps protect the habitat of the endangered Mountain Tapir
– many more features planned
– move forward and backward by swiping vertically or volume rocker
– switch between calendar views with a horizontal swipe (opens the day or week you start the swipe gesture on) or double-tap for day view
– tap to open event
– long-press to add new event
– long-press on mini-month to go to today or jump to date
– tap on photo to open quick contact menu
native language support for English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, German, Greek, Spanish, Finnish, French, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Turkish and Chinese with more to come – contact me if there is a bad translation or you’d like your language added!
aCalendar only asks for mandatory permissions for its functionality: Read and write contact data for birthdays as well as read and write calendar data for events. ‘Send Email to guests’ is bound to ‘write calendar data’ by Google. NFC is for sharing events by touching another NFC-enabled phone, and requires manual confirmation.
Unfortunately app2SD cannot be supported, because homescreen widgets do not work from SD. This is an Android limitation. But aCalendar is optimized not only for speed but also for size.