sms backup & restore
SMS Backup & Restore is a simple Android app that backs up and restores your phone’s text messages and call logs.For questions or issues please visit our FAQ at: http://www.carbonite.com/en/apps/call-log-sms-backup-restore/faq/
– Backup SMS (text) Messages and call logs in XML format.
– Local device backup with options to automatically upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox
– NEW: An add-on app is no longer required to upload to the cloud. All settings are integrated.
– Choose a recurring scheduled time to automatically backup.
– Option to select which text conversations to backup or restore.
– View and drill into your local and cloud backups
– Search your backups
– Restore/transfer backup to another phone. Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages and logs can be easily transferred from one phone to another, irrespective of the version.
– Fast Transfer between 2 phones over WiFi direct
– Ability to restore all text messages or only selected conversations.
– Free up space on your phone. Delete all SMS Messages or call logs on the Phone.
– Email a backup file.
– The XML backup can be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
– Tested on Android 4.0.3 and higher
– Letv Le devices not yet supported. We are working on this. Check back here for an update.
– App only restores backups made by this app
– Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
– Backup is created locally on the phone by default, but you have the option to upload to Email, Google Drive or Dropbox. You are responsible for backup files. At no time are the files sent to the developer.
– If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
– On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don’t appear in your messaging app then:
– Open your messaging app and Disable SMS from Settings.
– Exit the app
– Open the app again and Enable SMS from Settings.
This App needs access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and Restore messages. Receive SMS permission needed to properly handle messages received while the app is the default messaging app on Android 4.4+ devices.
* Your Calls and Contact information: Backup and Restore Call Logs.
* Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Phone calls – Without this the Restore fails on some phones.
* Network view and communication: Allows the app to connect to wifi for backup
* Your social information: To display and store the contact names in the Backup file.
* Run at start-up: Start scheduled Backups.
* Control Vibration: To vibrate the phone when an operation is completed.
* Prevent Phone from Sleeping: To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a Backup or Restore operation is in progress.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Account Information: To authenticate with Google Drive and Gmail for cloud uploads
– Back up to the cloud without keeping local copies
– Limit local phone storage space used by backups (will not affect backups in the cloud)
– Manage queued backups that are pending Wi-Fi or failed to upload
– Option to only upload on Wi-Fi and/or when charging
– Better handling of Doze Mode during uploads
– Notification Updates
– Minor bug fixes
SMS Backup & Restore
Android 4.0 and up
Jan 5, 2017
thanks for the nice apps and thanks for “not sending to google apps store for dwnld.”
hello.the very…very good update the site.and best software.thanks
My sms backup & restore app keeps shutting itself off every 10 seconds?
Hi sir. I used this app and get a backup of my sms. I already read my backup to sure that it is backup correctly.
Then I reset my 4n and try to restore sms.
The app says restore sucess. Bt my messagin app does not show any sms.
Please help me sir. There are many important sms in there.
My phone is SONY XPERIA Z2 D6503
Android ver 5.1.1
App ka updated version install kr k try kro, ho jayga
it’s verry good
Backups are created in XML Format on the SD Card. The XML can then be converted to other formats and can also be viewed on a computer. how do you convert ive been looking for this an cant find how. i just want ot be able to read the text without all the syntext charaters
Nice, Very Nice.
This is very useful and good…..
This app was perfect and it was more than what I was looking for.
I really loved to Donate but unfortunately in Iran (where I live in) no international credit card is supported so I can’t Donate.
hi very thanyou.
This is very useful and good application, I love it.
Good Work Programmers… 😉
In my Galaxy y phone that the restored messages do not get the correct time stamps. How can i fix it.other thing is suddenly when opening message option displays a “message (problem in com.android.mms)is not responding”