If you are looking for a simple, lightweight but still customizable month view on your screen, this app is for you.
Please note that this app was designed from the beginning to be only a month viewer, not a complete calendar app. This means that with MCW alone you cannot see your appointments. However, you can add basic event management to it if you download the extension app (more on this below).
VERSION 2.1.0 AVAILABLE NOW: Fixes to all visualization problems of 2.0.x and new handy font features.
Notes for 1.9.0 widget users:
• The layout was completely redesigned in version 2. There is only one size, not two variants as it used to be. For this reason you will see a message in your 1.9.0 widgets telling you must delete the instance and add a new one. This is inevitable, but don't worry, you won't lose any customization.
• To get the same layout of the smaller widget (3×2): Just resize it down to that size, the text inside the widget will shrink accordingly. See this G+ post: plus.google.com/u/0/105780286835414277546/posts/JJgAAUropxM
• For those of you using the Calendar Events extension, you must update to its latest version. Former versions are incompatible with MCW 2.
HOW TO USE IT
The calendar in this app is a home screen widget. Since widgets on Android work right on the home screen, you don't have to "open" this calendar: just go to the list of available widgets in your device, find MCW there and drop it to the screen.
Remember you can resize it, and also put more than one widget on the screen.
MCW is extensible. You can download additional apps that enhance the basic widget:
• MCW Calendar Events extension: Lest you manage your calendar events right on the widget
• More coming…
You will find it here in the Play Store under "More from developer".
The extension is a paid app. If you find MCW useful please consider buying the extensions to support further development of these apps. Thanks in advance!
GETTING HELP/GIVING FEEDBACK
In case you have problems putting MCW to work, want to give feedback or report a bug, these are your options:
• Email me directly
• Post a comment in the Google+ community: plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105494419095577561767
• Mention me on Twitter: twitter.com/#!/Jose_GD
I usually respond within 24 business hours (unless I'm in a hurry with a new version!). Spanish, English and Portuguese are OK, otherwise write in your language and we'll see if Google Translate helps 🙂
– FIXED: Font size bugs
– FIXED: Blank widget bug when placed on the screen
– NEW: Custom font sizes for all text in the widget
– NEW: Option to alternate between default sizes and custom sizes
– NEW: Font size autoadjusting made optional (default: no)
Month Calendar Widget
José González D’Amico