Originally "LaPlayer light" was conceived as a shell for the downloaded audio files. Frustrated by the shortcomings of the existing leading audio players, I developed my own version. Gradually the functionality has grown significantly.
The main application window presents three sliding pages: Albums, Audio Tracks, Playlists. The application searches the data of audio files in a media database and directly in the directories of device's external storage. For switch to the "Folder Player Mode" need a select in menu "Search Folders".
1) function to stop playback at the following events:
• incoming call,
• disconnecting the charger,
• unplugging the headset,
• unmounting the device's external storage;
2) resume play after the phone call or after plugging in the charger (car ignition is on);
3) opening and downloading audio files from other applications (via the HTTP);
4) actions with playlists:
• add track to the selected playlist (long press on the item),
• add a few tracks to the playlist,
• change the playback order of tracks,
• remove selected track from the playlist,
• creating a new playlist,
• remove the playlist,
• rename playlist;
6) support single-button wired headset;
7) support multimedia headset for devices on Android 2.2;
8) search feature audio tracks by title, file name, album or artist name;
9) displaying the album artwork and ability to save image as JPEG file;
10) the ability to delete files;
11) set the selected track as phone ringtone;
12) equalizer (with gain bass boost) and visualization of audio data for devices based on Android 2.3 and above;
13) sort lists by alphabetical order (audio file name);
14) sort tracks by numbers (from Mp3Tag);
15) creating a list of all tracks;
16) rename audio files;
17) ability to share music;
18) moving application to SD card;
19) the display of the total playing time of the current tracklist, album;
20) multiple choice of audio tracks to add to the playlist;
21) shuffle tracks on the current list;
22) stop timer, the ability to stop the player service in the absence of lighting and inactivity;
23) ability to change the .mp3 file tag (ID3v1, ID3v2.4), including the replacement of the cover art;
24) player control buttons in the notification (for Android 4.1 and above);
25) lock screen (disable the sleep mode, backlight is on)
• mainly intended for use in the car,
• starts automatically when you turn off the screen on playback mode, you can turn off this option in the app preferences;
26) volume control (the option is available when you long press on the "Play/Pause" button);
27) displays the names of playlists which contains the current track;
28) switch tracks by double-clicking on the volume buttons (for the Main screen and Locking, option can be disabled in the references):
• volume Up button – switch to the next track,
• volume Down button – previous track;
29) choice of themes in the application preferences;
30) streaming (online) radio and editor of a database containing a list of 60 stations;
31) playback history;
32) option "add as follows" for the selected track;
33) synchronization of the playlist tracks created in the application to the media database;
34) search of the cover artworks and use arbitrary image as the album cover.
• "Refresh" the page content, switch to the current tracklist or album;
• "Search Folders" on an external storage, primary external storage directory by default, this path can be changed in the app preferences;
• Download – display a lists of albums and tracks that are available for download;
• Artists – get a list of tracks for a selected artist;
• Genres – get a list of tracks by genre.
The context menu is called long press on the control panel of the player.
Implemented sliding menu. Application is adapted for 7" and 10" tablets.
• support for playback and download of the audio files via the HTTP protocol (URI from other apps);
• possibility of the network search of the cover artworks and use arbitrary image as the album cover;
• added option "Stop after a minute of inactivity" (dialog "Stop timer").
The application is adapted for 7" and 10" tablets (Android 9).