In a nutshell, Aptoide is a marketplace for Android applications. It is similar to the Google Play Store. While Aptoide works slightly differently to the Play Store, they both are platforms for putting up Android applications. In the Play Store, you see a centralized store where you see all sorts of smartphone applications. However, in Aptoide, each user gets to have their own store. The name was derived from two different things – APT from the Debian package manager and “oid” is the second half of the word Android.
Features of Aptoide
Did you know that Aptoide has different versions? Each one has been created keeping in mind specific areas. Some examples of this include Aptoide VR, Aptoide for smartphones and tablets, Aptoide TV for smart TVs and STBs, and Aptoide Kids. Most Android applications you see here would be open source. The communication between the client and the server is managed with an XML-based open protocol.
The platform has over 80,000 Android apps. Aptoide has a huge user base with as many as more than 200 million people using it. It comes as no surprise that the platform offers support for more than 40 languages. Statistics tell us that over 6 billion downloads have been reported. Setting it up has become tougher after the platform upgraded to support blockchain-based AppCoins open-source protocol.
Download Aptoide for iOS
While Aptoide is an Android apps marketplace, it can be used by iOS users as well. It can easily be downloaded and used form your iPhone, iPad and other iOS devices. With Aptoide, you can download paid Android apps for free. This is one of the best features of this platform. There is no limit to the time you can use it.
Quick Guide to Downloading Aptoide
Let’s take a look at some of the steps you will have to follow to download Aptoide on your iOS device, such as your iPhone. It is a simple enough process. To learn about it in detail, the next section of the article will talk about jailbreaking and other detailed steps and the applications you need in order to proceed.
- The first thing you need to do is to download Aptoide on your iOS device.
- Now that you are done, click on the downloaded file. This will start the installation process.
- Wait for it to get installed on your device.
- Once done, you will notice the Aptoide icon on the home page of your device.
- Click on it and it will open. You are ready to start using Aptoide.
Installation Process in Detail
The biggest drawback with Apple products is the fact that all iOS devices require a cryptographic signature that is approved by the company. Since the Apple store has limited apps, Aptoide comes into the play here. Many consider Aptoide to be dangerous, but no reports of the proved presence of malware or spyware have been reported yet.
Let’s go through the steps of installation in detail.
- It is only fair to acknowledge that installing Aptoide on iOS device is neither comfortable not easy. However, it is doable. The first step in this process is to jailbreak the iOS system.
Jailbreaking: For a long time, jailbreaking was considered to be illegal. However, it has been made legal in certain countries like the US, Canada, and the UK. The term refers to the fact that you plan to disable the software regulations set by Apple. The concept aims to expand the feature that is restricted by Apple. Once you do this successfully, you can easily download apps from unauthorized sources as well.
Without Jailbreaking: If you don’t want to jailbreak it, you can visit Aptoide’s official website. Add it to your homepage and you are done! You just have to sign in and you can do so with your Gmail or Facebook login credentials.
- To facilitate the installation of Aptoide iOS, you will need iFile, Cydia Safari, Download manager, and one of Installous, iFunbox, or AppCake. These three components are important.
- Now, download the main Android APK file in the device where you want to install Aptoide. You can use Safari or any other browser for this. No matter which version you are looking at, this is the step to getting it.
- With iFile, you can move this APK file from the downloads and run it using one of the three components – Installous, AppCake, or iFunbox. Choose one the one which works the best for you and go ahead with it.
- You have now successfully downloaded and installed Aptoide on your iOS device.
If you choose to go ahead with jailbreaking, do note that it is something against Apple’s terms and conditions. However, iOS device users will have access only to apps available in the Apple store. With Aptoide, they can get Android apps and many more open-sources ones.
Advantages of using Aptoide
Aptoide is completely free and anybody can use it. It also lets you downgrade if the current version is giving you trouble, which is a feature you are not likely to find anywhere else. It is especially convenient for the developers as the apps are open source, it would be easy for them to glance at the code. Since users can upload the apps they have created, there are concerns of spyware or malware being inserted. This is why Aptoide has come with a feature where it notifies the user if the app is trustworthy or not. To top it all, Aptoide is present in countries where Google Play Store is not!
Drawbacks of Aptoide
While Aptoide offers plenty of excellent features, it could do with some improvements in certain areas. Despite the team’s best efforts, malicious content are still present. Aptoide is also known to download content very slowly and it can take users almost an hour to download an app.
Now that you know the pros and cons of Aptoide, you can decide if you want to install it on your iOS device. Good luck!