A simple widget to toggle Android’s portable WiFi hotspot (wireless tether) functionality. This does not provide hotspot functionality by its own, it is a widget to toggle the built-in hotspot from the home screen.
Works on Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, & Jelly Bean (GB, ICS, JB, 2.3, 4.0, 4.1)
– No root required.
– Supports Jelly Bean (latest Android release)
– Uses native artwork for GB (2.3+), ICS (4.0+), & JB (4.1+).
– Restores original WiFi state.
– Keeps the SSID & security settings intact.
– Is “Free” a feature?
– Google/HTC Nexus One (N1)
– Google/Samsung Nexus S
– Google/Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GNEX)
– Verizon Galaxy Nexus (VZW GNEX)
– Samsung Galaxy S II (SGS2, S2)
– Samsung Galaxy S III (SGS3, S3)
– Known issues with EVO/Sprint devices (carrier might block tethering)
Note: It will only show up in the widget menu, not with the application menu. If it doesn’t show up due to Android 4.0+, then Force-Close your launcher (If you don’t know what this means, then simply restart your phone and it should pop-up).
Please rate it favorably if you like our work.
CURRENT VERSION: 1.2
REQUIRES ANDROID: 2.2 and up