Google Expeditions is a virtual reality teaching tool that lets you lead or join immersive virtual trips all over the world — get up close with historical landmarks, dive underwater with sharks, even visit outer space!Built for the classroom and small group use, Google Expeditions allows a teacher acting as a “guide” to lead classroom-sized groups of “explorers” through collections of 360° and 3D images while pointing out interesting sights along the way.
• Guide classroom-sized groups of locally connected users from your phone or tablet.
• Explore along with a guide in immersive VR by putting your Android phone into a Google Cardboard viewer (http://g.co/cardboard) or use an Android tablet or phone in 2D “magic window” mode.
• Connect devices over the same WiFi network – if the Guide has downloaded some Expeditions, there is no internet connectivity required to run the Expedition!
• Choose from a growing list of over 200 Expeditions – each one is a curated set of VR imagery along with integrated descriptions, talking points and questions.
Do not use this app while driving, walking, or otherwise by being distracted or disoriented from real world situations that prevent you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
* Redesigned interface for easier discovery and guiding of Expeditions
* Tours created using Tour Creator can now be viewed and guided using Expeditions
* Support for 10 new languages including Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, German, Arabic, Russian, Hindi, Korean, and Japanese
* Most popular tours now translated into 10 newly supported languages
* Bug fixes