Couch to 5K by RunDouble is the easiest way to meet your goal, of running 5K in just 9 weeks, but don't feel daunted, you can take longer if you need. It follows the popular Couch to 5K plan, (not to be confused with the alternative C25K plan), written by Josh Clark.
You choose the pace – from a gentle jog to a quick run, and progress through the weeks at your leisure. Run three times a week, taking rest days between, and soon you'll be calling yourself a runner. Put your headphones on, choose your own music, and just follow the prompts. Starting with just 1 minute of running at a time, it couldn't be easier.
Couch to 5K is growing as fast as popular as workouts like Zumba, simply because of the number of people who are turning their lives around. No gym fees, no expensive equipment, no special diet. You just you, your phone, and the road. Get out there, get Couch to 5K and get yourself fit.
RunDouble now supports Android Wear, meaning you have your stats right there on your wrist – no more bulky phone holders.
Rundouble Couch to 5K includes these programs:
– Couch to 5K
– Zero to 10K
– Five to 10K
– 5K improver – Interval training
– 10K event training
– Half marathon event training
– Varying length "Fun Runs", from 1 km to 10 miles
All plans are free to try for the first two weeks, then you can upgrade for less than the cost of a coffee. The fun runs are completely free.
– The only Couch to 5K training app to feature MyFitnessPal integration, and post to your workout diary.
– Runs in the background, unlike some other apps which stop when you switch off the screen.
– Prompts you to change pace while working through the Couch to 5K training program.
– Tracks your time, distance and pace, announcing these to you at the end of each interval.
– Plays a playlist of your choosing, from your personal music selection. Or alternatively, use another app to play music.
– View your previous runs on your phone or on our website
– Additional pace updates at set intervals
– Half way marker
– Programmable pace warning (target pace)
– Support for heart rate monitor
– Web service:
+ Track your progress
+ View your route on a map
+ View detailed statistics about your workout
+ Post to Facebook, and share your successes with friends
Correct moving of app to foreground.
Couch to 5K by RunDouble C25K
Leave a Comment