• No network required (works offline and in flight mode)
• True altitude above sea level (AMSL using EGM96)
• Address at current location
• Altitude accuracy estimation
• Horizontal accuracy estimation
• Coordinates at you current location
• Universal Transverse Mercator coordinates support
Height above mean sea level (AMSL) is the elevation (on the ground) or altitude (in the air) of an object, relative to the average sea level datum. Normal GPS elevation considers the entire Earth as an ellispoid and differences up to 100 metres (328 feet) can exist between this ellipsoid height and true mean tidal height. The alternative, which is what we use in Altimeter PRO, is a geoid-based vertical datum such as the global EGM96 model.
Altitude vertical accuracy is defined at 68% confidence. Specifically, as 1-side of the 2-sided range above and below the estimated altitude reported, within which there is a 68% probability of finding the true altitude.