Talking Caller ID voices the name or number of incoming calls, try it free now!
Note: If you are having trouble, verify that Text-To-Speech is working in your phone’s system settings.
PHONES KNOWN NOT TO WORK
– HTC Mecha (Incredible HD)
– Huawei M860
Talking Caller ID speaks the caller id of incoming calls based on your phone’s stored contacts. Talking Caller ID uses the built-in Android text-to-speech engine to voice the caller id when your phone rings.
The full (paid) version of Talking Caller ID is very configurable allowing you to customize it to voice the caller id only when you want it to. While the free version is feature limited, the core functionality is present. The paid version also removes the ads.
Talking Caller ID is great for any hands-free environment. Whether you receive calls while driving or you just don’t feel like looking at your phone Talking Caller ID will tell you who’s calling so you don’t have to mess with your phone.
KEY FEATURES (may not all be available in the free version):
– Voices the caller id over your existing ringtone
– Silent ringtone included if you only want to hear the speaking
– Use for all calls, only calls from contacts, only calls from selected contacts, or only calls from non-contacts
– Customizable start message let’s you make it say whatever you like before the caller id
– Customize the number of times it repeats
– Customize voice pitch and speed
If you are having trouble, please contact me. Also, sending a debug log is very helpful when determining the root of the problem. This is done by going to the menu in the app and choosing ‘Get Help’. Then click the ‘Send Log’ button.