SuperBeam is the easiest and fastest way to share large files between Android devices using WiFi direct. You may pair your devices devices using QR codes (with the included QR code scanner) or NFC, if your devices support it.
No more clicks and manual approvals for connections. SuperBeam makes file sharing as convenient and fast as it should have been, because it is already 2013!
Xperia U and P users: QR code scanner doesn’t work well on these phones in portrait mode, a fix is being worked on right now. In the mean time, please use the scanner in landscape mode.
• Share files between devices using NFC or QR code scanning.
• Blazing fast transfer speeds using WiFi direct.
• Switches to hotspot mode automatically for devices that doesn’t support WiFi direct.
• Can use existing WiFi network connection between devices in case WiFi direct fails.
• Share single or multiple files of any type (photos, videos, zip files, APK’s… You name it!)
• Works with all 3rd party file managers and photo galleries.
• Light and dark color themes.
• Advanced settings for geeks!
All transmitted files are stored under “/sdcard/SuperBeam” directory. Don’t worry about duplicate files, SuperBeam will automatically add unique numbers to duplicate file names.
What others are saying
– “A Dream!” – mobiFlip.de
– “Tap and share files for real!” – YourTechReport.com
– “A simple concept: share files of any size via NFC verification” – AndroidPolice.com
– “Makes sharing files between devices quicker and easier” – NFCWorld.com
– “The transfer happens lightning fast, and I’ve had no issues with reliability” – Tested.com
– One of “10 new Android apps worth checking” – AndroidAndMe.com
For devices with cutsom ROMs
WiFi direct doesn’t play well with custom ROMs. Please follow these steps to switch to hotspot (tethering) mode if WiFi direct is causing you issues:
1- Open SuperBeam scanner.
2- Tap options > settings.
3- Tap Advanced settings > Preferred direct method.
4- Choose Hotspot.
5- Close SuperBeam and try sharing again.
If you get any errors or crashes, or have suggestions for features, please do not leave a negative review. Instead, submit the error report, email developer, mention @SuperBeamApp on twitter or reply to XDA support thread below with details of the error, and the type of devices you use. I will be more than glad to help.
XDA Support Thread
Support SuperBeam development
The developer of SuperBeam can’t sell paid apps due to regional restrictions. If you find SuperBeam useful and like to support future development, please follow the donate link in SuperBeam settings screen. You may donate whatever amount you see fit. Please note that you can disable ads by long pressing “SuperBeam” in settings, under “About” section. Your kind support is highly appreciated.
A note for advanced users
SuperBeam creates an access point using Android’s WiFi direct API’s. This essentially works like hotspot mode in old devices, but it is guaranteed to work on newer devices like Nexus 7. Moreover, this mode allows older devices to connect and receive files without having to support WiFi direct’s peer-to-peer connections.
Also, please note that this mode is currently supported by Android versions 4.1 and greater. On older versions, SuperBeam will fallback to the older hotspot mode.
CURRENT VERSION : 2.1.1
REQUIRES ANDROID : 4.0 and up