StepWalk is an app loaded with handy features for walking such as a pedometer. By walking with your device, it records the number of steps you’ve taken and your location information.
This app has been certified safe by a third party organization.
Details of the app’s features are as follows:
Counts the number of steps you’ve taken and displays time, distance and calories.
To avoid counting unwanted steps, it will start recording from the 10th step. (But not when in sleep mode.)
By turning off “COUNT” on the main screen, you can turn off the pedometer.
* As the retrieval of location information operates simultaneously with the pedometer, when “COUNT” is turned off, “LOCATION” will also be turned off.
The Day·Week·Month·Rank of the recorded number of steps will be displayed as a graph. (“Rank” displays the top 50 days in recorded steps.)
By selecting “Display calorie” on the graph screen menu, you can also see the calorie graph.
You can adjust stride and weight of specific dates in “Day”.
Displays the recorded walking route. If the GPS is on while walking, a “footprint” will be displayed and a “pin” will be displayed if the GPS is turned off and “Use wireless networks” is turned on.
By turning off “LOCATION” on the main screen, you can turn off location retrieval.
. Time Selection
By selecting the target time, the approximate location at that time will be displayed on the map as a “miniature bulb”.
. View Photos
Any photos taken during the day will be displayed at the bottom.
Selecting the photo (setting it in the center by swiping) will display the approximate location where the photo was taken on the map with a “treasure chest”.
Tap on the photo to enlarge it.
. Location info email
The location information will create a URL link of your location on Google Maps and will open a mailer or an SMS app.
By sending this to someone you want to inform of your location, the recipient will be able to see your location on Google Maps (app or web).
Set stride, weight, pedometer sensitivity and location accuracy (GPS, network).
– Backup, restore and manipulation
You can backup and restore data from the main menu.
For more details, please refer to the help section in the app menu. (“?” icon)
*** Note ***
– Display the screen once after the installation.
* Task killer apps will force quit apps operating in the background. Using these apps will prevent accurate counting.
– Positioning by GPS alone will consume power.
We do our best to reduce power consumption, but the amount of consumption will depend on the GPS receiver in your device.
– When the device is in sleep mode it will periodically check if you are walking or not.
This is to deal with devices that turn off the sensors the pedometer needs during sleep mode.
The periodic processing will turn off 2 hours after going into sleep mode or after you’ve stopped walking to conserve power.
When it wakes up from sleep mode, the periodic processing will resume again the next time the device is in sleep mode.
* We have contacted Trend Micro Inc. about our app being detected by virusbuster and we have been informed that they could not find any threats. Please contact Trend Micro Inc. if there is a false positive.
Size : 2.1M
Current Version : 1.68
Requires Android : 2.3.3 and up