Map Coordinates will help you retrieve the coordinates and/or address of a specific location on the map. It is easy to use and very intuitive while providing 4 types of maps:
and 4 types of coordinate representations:
– degrees, minutes and seconds ( N 45 ° 48 ‘ 40.47 ” E 22 ° 48 ‘ 28.06 ” )
– degrees and minutes ( N 50 ° 11.17 ‘ E 9 ° 53.05 ‘ )
– decimal degrees ( Lat: -8.21 Long: – 61.11 )
– MGRS (35TLK5241798377)
Map supported operations are:
– 3D for normal map type
– tilt using 2 fingers drag
– rotation using 2 fingers rotation
– drag & drop marker
This app is very intuitive and easy to use, designed to help you determine the coordinates of specific point on the map and share them with your friends via email, Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts. If your device is rooted and you have checked the share screenshot option, a screenshot of the map will also be attached if you share your location via email. In addition, you can visualise the location on the map of certain coordinates or address.
In the „Settings” screen you can switch between the available coordinates types, set the precision of MGRS coordinates type, you can show or hide the „Address bar” and you can enable or disable the „Measure tool” for which you can select different measure units, depending on your needs. The available measure units are: „Metric”, „Imperial” and „Marine”.
There is also a “Get Directions” button which opens Google Maps Directions feature and displays directions from your current location (or any location that you choose there) to the location pinned in Map Coordinates. This feature is very helpful when you wish to see how much time you need to reach a point and which course you should take.
Another usefull feature is „Copy to clipboard”. Using it, you copy the selected coordinates or address and paste them anywhere you need.
More recent features are „History” which holds all your locations history and „Favorites” which are locations saved by you with a touch of a button so you have your favorite destinations always right at hand.
This being said, I hope you enjoy this app and please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments or suggestions. Also please report any bugs that you might observe, and I will fix them as soon as possible.
– INTERNET Used by the API to download map tiles from Google Maps servers.
-ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE Allows the API to check the connection status in order to determine whether data can be downloaded.
– READ_GSERVICES Allows the API to access Google web-based services.
– WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE & READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE Allows the API to cache map tile data in the device’s external storage area.
-ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION Allows the API to use WiFi or mobile cell data (or both) to determine the device’s location.
– ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION Allows the API to use the Global Positioning System (GPS) to determine the device’s location to
– MAPS_RECEIVE Blocks other apps to use the Google Services API from Map Coordinates
– GET_ACCOUNTS Provides access to users email address (used to block adds for certain users who help to improve Map Coordinates)
Size : 3.1M
Current Version : 184.108.40.206
Requires Android : 2.3 and up