MailDroid is your IMAP Idle and POP3 email replacement for the default client!
MailDroid is an ad-supported Webdav/POP3/IMAP Idle Push mail client written from the ground up and and not based on the stock Android mail client.
Permissions needed for Ads
1. Complete re-write and not based at all on the standard Android mail client
2. IMAP Idle Push
3. Save/Download Attachments to SD card
4. Settings Support for signature, font size, ring tone, led color etc.
5. Custom Rules
6. Spell Check
8. Password Protection
9. Exchange 2003,2007,2010
10. Full WYSIWYG editor
11. Split screen for tablets
12. Much more….
ACTIVESYNC IS NOT SUPPORTED!
1. Why is the message slow to open? You need to set preload options found in global preferences to the third option.
2. Why is Exchange not working? I support 2003,2007, and 2010. However, each one can be set up differently by your administrator. The usual issue is username which can be domain\username, username, or email@example.com
3. I search, but see no results? You need to set up preloading in order to see search results.
4. How can I have different notifications for sound and LED color? You can set this under the rules section in global preferences.
5. Why can’t I see my folders in Hotmail? Hotmail in MailDroid runs under POP3 (Microsoft charges a license for ActiveSync) and POP3 does not support folders from the server. IMAP does support this.
6. Can you change the icon? If you have a good idea, email me and we can talk about it.
7. Will there be a paid version? Yes, a version exists on the market.
Most Frequent Issues :
SET PRELOAD OPTIONS TO IMPROVE SPEED
ONLY EXCHANGE 2003 AND 2007 IS SUPPORTED NOW
SEARCH REQUIRES PRELOAD
SOUND/LED PER EMAIL IS UNDER RULES