GroupMe is the best way to chat with everyone you know. It’s free, whether you’re talking to a group of friends, or texting with one person. Best of all, it works on nearly every phone, with a smartphone app or via SMS. With GroupMe, it’s easy to reach anyone, anytime, anywhere.
On GroupMe, you can catch up with your family, get a group together for a night out, coordinate with co-workers, or just gossip with a few of your closest friends. Think about it like your own private Twitter, just for the people you really know. Or like a faster, better reply-all email.
No matter how you think about it, “you won’t know how you lived without it once you give it a shot.” -Gizmodo
Now a part of the Skype family.
Chat with a group
– Start groups with the people already in your phone’s address book… no need to remember usernames or PINs.
– The conversation starts instantly. The app uses your data connection, so even Android tablets can join in on the fun.
– When you have a poor connection, the app will let you start receiving your messages via SMS instead. You’ll never miss a thing!
– Share the group with people you want to join with a simple URL. It’s perfect for when you don’t have everyone’s phone number — or when you’re not sure who will want to chat with you.
Get fancy with it
– Share photos inline – take them on-the-go or choose them from your Camera Roll. Check out the Gallery to see all the photos shared in each group.
– Split costs with the members of your group. Just attach a Split to a message and anyone in the group can chip in with a credit card.
– Attach your location to any message so nobody gets lost.
– Give your group an avatar — choose anything that represents your group.
– Tap the heart next to any message to “like” it and spread some love.
Send a private message
– Take your private conversations outside the group.
– It’s just like free texting… send all the messages you want and you’ll never pay a cent.
Connect the app just once, and we’ll keep you up to date with push notifications. No need to log in every day… it just works.