Ever wanted to send someone a document, a song, a video, or just about any type of file*?
With File Beam, you can!
You only need Android 4.1 installed on both devices (Jelly Bean), and that both devices have NFC.
File Beam uses Android’s built in Android Beam™, so the receiver doesn’t need to have any app installed, it should even work with other phones running other OSs (works with some Nokia phones with NFC hardware).
(Please note, files are sent over Bluetooth, NFC is just used to do the initial pairing)
This application has no icon! Use it by tapping the share button in any of your favourite apps.
– Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)
– Samsung Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100)
– Samsung Galaxy SIII (GT-i9300)
– Nexus 7 (grouper)
– Nokia N9 (RM-696) (Only as a receiver)
– Internet: ads, they can be disabled in settings.
– Read contacts: sending contacts using the app causes a crash without this, rest assured, the app doesn’t read contacts unless you share a contact using the app.
* Support sending multiple files at once, receiver will put all files in one folder.
* Due to the above, support sending Titanium Backup files (only easy import for now!)
* UI can be set to dialog mode in settings, this means the app you shared from will stay visible.
* Ads can be disabled for free in settings.
* Bug fixes.
* Initial release
* Android seems to be refusing to send some file types (such as .tar.gz archives), looking into this.
Size : 490k
Current Version : 1.3
Requires Android : 4.1 and up