Requires root for full function. Some keys can still work without root. No Root users running Jelly Bean (4.1) and newer can also get Button Savior Non Root to get same functions.
Top 1 Software key App on Android Market
Top 10 Must have app for root devices
Top 1 Must have app on HTC HD2
Top 1 Software key app with best customization features
Works from 1.5 to 4.0(ICS)
If you are afraid of breaking your hardware keys or you have broken keys or you simply just don’t have any key on your device, get Button Savior to make your life easier.
This app will display a floating software key panel which can be summoned everywhere anytime. Button Savior 1.1.6 or later now suppports E-INK display with specially made themes provided by XDA member Berlinski.
For non root user: You can still use power off, Home, Camera, Call , and volume keys.
– Simulates ‘Home’ ‘Back’ ‘Search’ ‘Back’ ‘Recent Task’ ‘Screen Off’ ‘Volume’
– Can set to always open or auto hide based on user customizable timer
– Two types of trigger action to choose from (Gesture trigger and Click trigger)
– Added Camera key and Call key simulation
– Customizable trigger position
– Also provides themese to support e-ink display
– Can change it to one click mode for super fast button action in option
– Can create shortcut action such as call someone or go to bookmark on Call or Camera keys. (With PRO)
– Home key is supported
– Power key is supported
– Volume key is supported
– Camera key is supported
– Call key is supported
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEM GRANTING ROOT FOR THIS APP
If your device is rooted and still cannot use keys except home, please update su binary and superuser apk.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO UNINSTALL
You need to disable screen off feature first. To disable, go to setting/location secuirty/device admin to remove Button Savior from the list.
Theme contribution list:
(1) Default (XDA member stefen)
(2) Froyo (XDA member hlvl)
(3) Sense UI (XDA member internauta2000)
(4) Honeycomb (XDA member securecrt)
(5) Pen’s Ginger (XDA member Pens and DreamS)
(6) Pen’s Honeycomb (XDA member Pens and DreamS)
(7) Pen’s Sense UI (XDA member Pens and DreamS)
(8) Contrast for E-INK (XDA member OMGWTF_BBQ aka BerlinSki)
(9) Metro for E-INK (XDA member OMGWTF_BBQ aka BerlinSki)
(10) Subtle for E-INK (XDA member OMGWTF_BBQ aka BerlinSki)
(11) K3 ICS (XDA member kam333)
(12) K3 Honeycomb (XDA member kam333)
(13) Rajiv’s Windows RT (XDA member rajiv)
[This app requires following permission because]
– GET TASK: Need to display recent app
– VIBRATE: For hepatic feedback
– INTERNET: For ads and for shortcut with internet action
– ACCESS NETWORK: For ads
– MAKE CALL: For direct dial shortcut