Very intuitive BMI calculator. Calculate quickly your body mass index – BMI.
Very intuitive BMI calculator.
This BMI calculator allows you to quickly calculate the ratio of body mass index – BMI. Result is calculated according to general reading table created by World Health Organization (WHO) – the same for male and female regardless the age. The BMI is meant to be used as a simple means of classifying physically inactive individuals with an average body composition. BMI categories (underweight, overweight or obese) from general reading table are inappropriate for athletes, children, the elderly, and the infirm because do not take into account many factors such as frame size and muscularity. The BMI categories also fail to account for varying proportions of fat, bone, cartilage, water weight, and more. Despite this, BMI categories are regularly regarded as a satisfactory tool for measuring whether sedentary individuals’ weight is in normal range.
- calculation of BMI (Body Mass Index)
- presenting the proper weight range for a given height
- supporting two formats of units – metric (cm and kg) and imperial ( inches [1 in = 2,54 cm] and international pounds [1 lb = 0,45359237 kg] )
- app2sd support (on Android 2.2 and higher)
- available languages??: English, German, Dutch, Polish, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Ukrainian, Russian
To change the units from metric to imperial and vice versa, the ‘menu’ button must be clicked.
Any comments are welcome. Please notify me by e-mail about any bugs found or missing functions that you want to be included in future versions of the BMI calculator.