Please READ following completely!
* This Widget connect to a Cisco VPN Server (PIX/ASA/…) or a Fritzbox by a single click on rooted Android 2.x devices.
For Android 4+ you better use VpnCilla – it is more stable, no root is required and has more features.
* VPN Widget won’t work unless…
– You have a routed (jailbreaked, unlocked) phone
– TUN device available in kernel (CONFIG_TUN=y)
– App installed on the phones internal memory (not on SD – Widgets require this)
– Placed it on homescreen as widget (not as app)
– ‘Superuser’ rights granted on request
* Forget it, if all this sounds scary – VPNC Widget just won’t work!!
* Installation and trouble shooting:
– Install VPNC Widget on homescreen as Widget – not as App!
– Doubleclick widget to change preferences and checking prerequisites of phone (if doubleclick doesn’t work, start Vpnc Widget as an App)
– Give “Superuser” rights on request (start Superuser app to verify and use newest Superuser App in case of troubles)
– Never use automatic Taskkillers (it will interrupt the vpnc service!)
– If nothing helps, activate the Debug Flag in the preferences screen and mail me after a trying to connect the session logfile:
– Supports Pre-Shared-Key (PSK) only (no SSL certificates)
– supports only one user/server profile
– profile credentials incl. passwords are stored at the phone (but hidden for apps without root access)
– if the “advanced routing” kernel feature is unavailable, the VPN connection may be lost when the WiFi hotspot renews DHCP info (you can re-connect by clicking Widget twice)
– Use this product absolutely at your own risk
– VPNC Widget is distributed on an “AS IS” basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, either expressed or implied
* Succesful tested ROMS:
– LeeDroid 2.2, 2.3, 2.4
– CyanogenMod 6.1.1
– Cognition 2.3v8
– JME Rotohammer(Galaxy tab)
-*) OxygeN-2.0-RC7 (Android 2.3, based on CM7 beta)
-*) CyanogenMod 7.0.x
– and many more…
*) works but misses Advanced Routing feature in kernel image (see Restrictions/Issues)