Introducing Trigger, formerly known as NFC Task Launcher!
Bored of putting your phone on silent every time you get into the office? Tired of turning off Bluetooth to conserve battery every time juice gets low?
This app interacts with your surroundings to configure settings on your phone automatically. Combine triggers and actions to create tasks, then activate the tasks that you create with conditions that you set!
Here are examples of what you can do:
In your car: Use Bluetooth as a trigger to open GPS and launch your favorite music app
On your nightstand: Program an NFC tag to set your ringer to vibrate, dim your display and set an alarm
In your home: Configure mobile data to turn off when your phone detects your own Wifi
The current triggers are as follows:
And as part of our Pro-Upgrade we also have these additional triggers:
And here are a few examples of the actions that you can perform:
– Change WiFi, Bluetooth, mobile hotspot, airplane mode (root users in Jelly Bean and up), auto-sync, GPS (root users), and mobile data settings.
– Change your volumes or notification tones.
– Change your display brightness, timeout, auto-rotation, or notification light settings
– Check in on social media like Foursquare or Google Places
– Send messages using Twitter, SMS, Email, or Glympse
– Start or stop Applications (root required for stopping applications), dock modes, open URLs, speak text, or navigate to an address
– Set Alarms or create calendar events
This app allows you to easily program your device to do the actions you do regularly.
So go ahead and create your own combinations to automate your life. The only limit is what you can come up with!
The Wall Street Journal calls it “living in the future.”
Additional actions can be found when experimental features are enabled in advanced settings. Auto lock screen and airplane mode are restricted by Android but we’ve created some work around solutions for these actions. (Note: They aren’t 100% reliable which is why they’re classed as “experimental features”).
Some demos can be viewed on the application website
Note: When using NFC Tags you can create a Switch task that will toggle between two tasks with each tap.
We’re always working on adding new actions to Tasks. Please get in touch if there’s something you’d like to do that’s not currently offered.
This application supports NFC Forum Type 1, Type 2, Type 3 and Type 4 Tags as well as third party NFC Enabled tags like the MIFARE Classic, DESFire, Ultralight and Ultralight C. Now supporting read-only tags & allowing you to write any amount of data to any tag using Tagstand’s cloud service. This allows you to use your tags just as you would any writable tag without worrying about size.