Intersection Explorer helps blind users explore their neighborhood.
Intersection Explorer speaks the layout of the streets and intersections in neighborhoods as you touch and drag your finger around the map. This helps blind and low vision users get an understanding of a neighborhood both before venturing out and while on the go.
To use Intersection Explorer:
* Start at your current location or enter a new location from the menu
* Touch the screen to speak the streets at the nearest intersection
* Drag your finger along a compass direction or drag in a circle to speak each street that you cross with their compass direction
* Move to the next intersection on the street by lifting your finger
* Use in conjunction with WalkyTalky from the Eyes-Free project, and Walking directions and Places in Google Maps to get a new level of access in the physical world