Control your phone through GTalk / XMPP (Jabber)
Note: GTalkSMS is not a chat client, its a service on your android phone that connects to GTalk/XMPP and waits for special commands and informs a GTalk/XMPP account about new SMS Messages / Incoming Calls / Battery State / etc.
* Start the application remotely by sending a SMS with “GTalkSMS” body then locate your phone, erase data or take photo if your phone has been stolen.
* Receive and send SMS from a GTalk/XMPP conversation.
* Search for :
- contacts from GMail or Exchange,
- old SMS,
- call logs.
* Start GMap, Google Street view or Google navigation from an address entered in a GTalk/XMPP conversation.
* Copy text to android clipboard or text boxes from your PC with a real keyboard.
* Get your Android phone clipboard.
* Execute shell commands.
* Receive notifications from incoming SMS or incoming calls.
* Dial a contact on your phone.
* Mark SMS as read.
* Make your phone ring.
* Make your phone send you geolocalization links (GMap links) to track down your phone.
Widget and a notification icon are also available.
For setup instructions go to the project page http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms
For Tasker / Locale integration visit http://code.google.com/p/gtalksms/wiki/PublicActions
If you need help or have some suggestions, you are welcome to post in gtalksms-users group (http://groups.google.com/group/gtalksms-users).
Please DON’T use the Android Market comment function for such things.
Sometimes Jabber doesn’t work. It’s mostly due to the Jabber server, then please don’t blame GTalkSMS.